We are proud to announce that Methods has committed to the Scottish Business Pledge, a values-led partnership between Scottish Government and businesses based on boosting productivity and competitiveness through fairness, equality and sustainable employment. This follows the establishment of Methods’ Edinburgh Office earlier this year to support our growing customer base in Scotland.
The pledge’s aim is to create lasting economic benefits through sustainable growth, equality, opportunity, and innovation.
It is built on:
• a commitment from the Scottish Government, and its partners, to support sustainable business growth in Scotland
• a voluntary code of business practice that guides and boosts the future development of our company
• a mutual pledge to ensure that prosperity, innovation, fairness, and opportunity develop hand-in-hand in Scotland.
There are 9 pledges in total, covering the following:
• adhering to the real living wage
• no zero hours contracts
• encouraging positive workforce engagement
• investing in youth
• a balanced workforce
• innovation through the creativity and exploitation of new ideas
• giving back to community
• exploring opportunities through internationalisation
• prompt payment of invoices and bills.
Methods is fully committed to supporting equality and diversity in the workplace along with actively encouraging workforce engagement, supporting a balanced workforce through flexible working, adhering to the real living wage, avoiding the use of zero hour contracts along with giving back to the local community through planned activities.